“Humans of the Sacred Heart” – Charlotte Marvin ‘22

What inspired you to run for student body president?

“What inspired me to run for student body president was my shared love for leadership and Sacred Heart Greenwich.  Ever since I was in Middle School, I have wanted to be the Student Body President, which I know sounds like a silly goal for a fifth-grader, but I honestly do have a passion for leading people.”

What is the theme for this year and why did you choose it?

“The theme for this school year is “Ohana” which means “family” in Hawaiian.  I chose this theme because I want our Upper School to become a united family in controversial conversations, important and new topics, and the bringing together of a broken society.  I have many plans for starting and facilitating conversations such as mental illnesses, diversity issues, climate change, and more that our community as a whole needs to start discussing more intensively.”

As student body president, what are you most looking forward to this year?

“I am most looking forward to leading the students of the Upper School and bringing them events, bonding activities, diversified clubs, and improved conversations that will help all of us become better people and a better family.  I am so lucky to have an amazing student council working with me to plan exciting ideas for not just the Upper School, but Sacred Heart as a whole.”

The King Street Chronicle thanks senior Charlotte Marvin ‘22 for her contributions to “Humans of Sacred Heart.”