Peanut Butter Blossoms
Freshman Emily Shull shared her recipe for Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies, which she bakes during Christmastime.
Total time: One hour
Quantity: 30 to 45 cookies
- Three and one-half cups flour
- One teaspoon baking soda
- One teaspoon salt
- One cup butter softened
- One cup smooth peanut butter
- One cup white sugar
- One-fourth cup sugar to roll dough in
- One cup brown sugar
- Two eggs
- Two tablespoons milk
- Two teaspoons vanilla extract
- One to one-half bags Hershey kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream together the butter, both sugars, and peanut butter.
- Add the eggs, milk, and sugar to the wet ingredients.
- Beat well before adding in the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients, and beat the dough until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Mold the dough into small balls, and roll them in sugar before placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes until there is a puffy and golden-brown coloring.
- Take the cookies out of the oven a few minutes before they are done to avoid overbaking.
- One minute after taking the cookies out of the oven, gently press a Hershey Kiss in the middle of each cookie.
- Allow them to sit for five to six minutes before eating.
Featured Image Courtesy of The New York Times