Pecan Crescent Cookies
Sophomore Anna Oliver and her family enjoy baking Pecan Crescent Cookies as a Christmas tradition.
Total time: One hour
Quantity: Five dozen cookies
- Four cups all-purpose flour
- One-fourth teaspoon fine salt
- Two cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- Two-third cups granulated sugar
- Four teaspoons water
- Four teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- One cup pecans, finely chopped
- One and one-fourth cups powdered sugar
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine the butter and granulated sugar in a separate bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for three to four minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the water and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture with the pecans.
- Break off tablespoonful pieces of dough and roll each to form a crescent shape. Arrange them evenly spaced on the prepared baking sheets. Leave the leftover dough for a second batch.
- Bake for ten to 12 minutes until slightly golden on the bottom and edges.
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough.
- Put the powdered sugar into a shallow plate. Roll each cookie in sugar.
Featured Image Courtesy of foodnetwork.com