“Humans of the Sacred Heart” – Mrs. Maureen Considine

What makes ring day a special tradition?

“Ring Day at Sacred Heart celebrates the love between the junior and senior class, the love which exists among students and alumnae of the Sacred Heart Network schools, and, as seen in the ring’s seal, the love that Jesus and his mother, Mary have for all of us throughout the world.  A Sacred Heart ring can forge an instant connection between alumnae of sister schools.  I remember being on a ferry in the middle of the Aegean Sea, and a fellow passenger woman noticed my daughter’s ring and began to share her Sacred Heart experiences from Australia.  The world truly is small.”

How does ring day further Sacred Heart’s core values?

“The Sacred Heart ring is modeled on an updated seal of the Society of Sacred Heart.  The Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, forever intertwined, represent the love of God over all.”

What do you hope students gain from the annual tradition?

“As students move out into the world, my hope is that the Sacred Heart spirit, embodied in this ring, will guide our students to the unconditional love of God.  I hope that our students carry the attributes of the Sacred Heart, gratitude, generosity, compassion, and forgiveness to a world that so desperately longs for these gifts.”

The King Street Chronicle thanks Mrs. Maureen Considine, Director of Upper School Campus Ministry, for her contributions to “Humans of Sacred Heart.”