The Class of 2024 strives to Lead with Love from their first to last day as seniors.
Avery Kim ’24

With love and gratitude, the Class of 2024

As the academic year draws to a close, we reflect with appreciation on our past three years in the Newsroom.  The Class of 2024 has striven to Lead with Love in the classroom, on the field, on the stage, and, of course, on the Editorial Board of the King Street Chronicle.  We are immensely grateful for the lessons we have learned as leaders of this publication, and we are equally as proud of the work we have accomplished together.

We first arrived in the Newsroom nearly three years ago.  Little did we know, as nervous sophomores in facemasks, how our time on the KSC would shape our Upper School journeys.  We looked up to our editors and learned quickly, smiling as the seniors and juniors welcomed us aboard with drum rolls and chocolate bark.  

In the fall of 2022, we returned as section editors, eager to lay out articles and move posts to Pending Review.  We grew in confidence and journalistic experience, conducting interviews, filming videos, and recording podcasts, all while continuing to find inspiration in the work ethic and patience of our older peers. 

Seniors Ana Patricio and Avery Kim, Co-Editors-in-Chief, reflect on their time on the King Street Chronicle staff.  Emily Shull ’25

Finally, we embraced the privilege of leading the KSC as the Senior Editorial Board.  As we took our seats in the honored row beside Ms. Matilde Larson’s desk, we committed to setting an example of love for the staff and the school community.  In our journalistic context, this love manifested through attentiveness to the success of each staff member as well as through responsible reporting in pursuit of fair media representation.

The 2023-2024 academic year marked a unique milestone for the school as Sacred Heart Greenwich celebrated 175 years of education.  In honor of this anniversary, the KSC created a new category, opening a window into the school’s history through features on Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (RSCJ), traditions, sports, and more.  As the 175th graduation ceremony approaches, the Class of 2024 continues to embody the Sacred Heart values of faith, service, intellect, and wisdom, stepping forward into the world to Lead with Love.

This fall, the KSC welcomed 12 new staff writers.  Under the guidance of nurturing editors, they began to flourish as journalists.  Aside from navigating the Style Guide and refining grammar errors, our hard-working reporters have grown as teammates.  Staff writers, we are so proud of your dedication this year.  We eagerly await your future success as journalists and individuals. 

Editors Camila Oliva ’24, Giada Coviello ’24, Ana Patricio ’24, Emily Shull ’25, Avery Kim ’24, and Lindsay Taylor ’24 bid farewell to the school year with fond memories.  Ana Patricio ’24

We express gratitude to our incredible editorial staff — that is, the Lean Mean Fighting Machine.  The KSC has given us innumerable skills, from Adobe Photoshop to Final Cut Pro, but one that will remain paramount in the years to come is the necessity of collaboration and communication.  As editors, we have truly learned to rely on each other.  It is thanks to our network of support, on SNO Backroom comments and far beyond, that our newspaper continues to serve the community with quality, reliable content.  

Above all, we wish to acknowledge our adviser, Ms. Larson.  While her name does not often appear in the KSC publication, Ms. Larson is the force that underpins our collective success, as she pushes us to always put forth our best work.  Ms. Larson’s exceptional care for the KSC is evident to anyone who witnesses her smile when she looks at the front page of our newspaper.  Her diligence impels the entire staff to surpass expectations and maintain pride of work. 

Ms. Larson, thank you for your guidance and endless commitment.  Not only do we turn to you when we have a headline crisis or a question regarding grammar, but we look up to your wisdom, candor, and advice…as well as your abundant film references.  As we advance to “what’s next,” we will forever cherish the moments we have shared with you and the profound impact you have had on us.

Now, after many early morning meetings, late-night PR deadlines, and countless moments of joy and laughter along the way, the Senior Editorial Board signs off.  We anticipate with confidence the great work to come.

With love and gratitude,

The Class of 2024