Eat, Drink, and Be Merry at the fifth annual Come Home for Christmas

Sacred Heart Greenwich students, families, faculty, and alumnae come home this Friday and Sunday for the fifth annual Come Home for Christmas cocktail party and Holiday Boutique.  This year’s theme for the weekend is “Nordic Noel,” which will influence the decor and atmosphere of both the Christmas Party, Friday night at 7 p.m. and the Family Day, Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

“We chose the theme Nordic Noel as we thought it would be elegant, sophisticated and fun,” Mrs. Jennifer Sfreddo, a Sacred Heart Parent and one of the Chairs of Come Home for Christmas, said.  “As the weather is getting colder we thought Nordic Noel was a perfect way to welcome the winter and of course the Christmas (Noel) season.  The decor will reflect that Nordic feel with snow-capped trees and crisp cool decorations.  The food will be warm and inviting as if you have come off the ski slopes for a treat.”

The Madrigals performing Christmas Carols at the 2017 Come Home for Christmas Holiday Dinner.
Courtesy of Sacred Heart Greenwich

Friday Night’s dinner is a time for parents and Sacred Heart faculty to come together and celebrate the holiday season.  The strolling dinner party, will take place in the Athletic Center and include a DJ, a silent auction, and a “Bucket of Cheer” Raffle.  The Madrigals will perform Christmas Carols in the Mr. & Mrs. John P. Heffernan (June Dolce ’59) Lobby of the Athletic Center.

“I love that we [the Madrigals] are able to perform for the parents and faculty at the dinner party,” senior Madrigal Sara Hecht said.  “It is always a fun and festive way to start the many Sacred Heart Christmas traditions.

The celebration continues Sunday with a family-focused afternoon on campus.  The day begins with a mass in the School Chapel at 11, following a brunch with students, faculty, and alumnae in Pamela Juan Hayes ’64 Hall.  After brunch, photos with Santa, gingerbread house decorating, and the holiday boutique will take place throughout campus.

A complete list of the vendors who will be selling gifts at the Come Home for Christmas Holiday Boutique.
Courtesy of Mrs. Nicole Steinthal ’88

The Holiday Boutique is in its fifth year and has grown to 40 vendors from the Westchester, Fairfield, and New York City areas.  From furs to cosmetics, to fine art, the boutique will be selling an array of upscale gifts.  Additionally, this year, many of the vendors will be able to customize certain products, such as shoes, stationery, and, T-shirts.  Alumnae volunteers will also run a special “Secret Santa Shop” for the younger members of the community to buy and wrap small gifts for their parents and siblings.

A portion of the proceeds from all of the vendors goes to support the Faculty & Staff Professional Development Fund.  The fund directly benefits all Sacred Heart students and faculty by allowing teachers to attend professional development courses and conferences.  This allows teachers to continue learning and growing as educators in their respective fields.

“Come Home for Christmas are festive school celebrated events that the entire community can participate in,” Mrs. Nicole Steinthal ’88 Sacred Heart alumna, parent, and the Come Home for Christmas Boutique Chair said.  “We are proud to be able to use these two days to contribute to the Faulty Development fund which affords our faculty many enriching experiences outside the classroom to enhance the experience inside the classroom.”

Featured Image courtesy of Mrs. Nicole Steinthal ’88