King Street Chronicle

“Humans of Sacred Heart” – Ashley O’Meara ’24

Why did you decide to run for student council? 

“I decided to run for student council because I was president of the student council in middle school, and it was the best experience I’ve ever had.  I thought of all the positions I could run for, and I didn’t know what to decide because all of the positions seemed extremely interesting and fun.  When I went to Miss Pan’s office to sign up, I was going to sign up to run for treasurer.  Before I could put my name down, my peer leaders told me that I should ‘go big or go home,’ so taking their advice, I ran for president, and I couldn’t be happier with my decision.”

What are you looking forward to this year? 

“This year, along with the other members of the student council, I am looking forward to planning bonding events such as class lunches, weekly trivia contests, and other grade bonding activities.  I’m really excited to see all of the input the rest of the grade has and getting to know each and every classmate on a deeper level.  I know this year has been really hectic with COVID-19 so my hope is to plan many fun activities that can still be possible.”

What are you hoping the freshman class will achieve this year? 

“My number one goal for the freshman class is for us to become closer as a grade.  I hope that everyone becomes friends with everyone because I think it’s important for us to be connected, especially during these crazy times.  I hope to bring energy and enthusiasm to the freshman class and make it the best year for all of my classmates.”

The King Street Chronicle thanks freshman Ashley O’Meara ’24 for her contributions to “Humans of the Sacred Heart.”