Junior Maddie Wise’s favorite recipe to bake during Christmastime is this banana bread.
- One cup of white sugar
- Two eggs
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One and one-half cups of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of baking soda
- One-half teaspoon of salt
- One-half cup of sour cream
- One-half cup of chopped walnuts
- Two medium bananas, sliced
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well.
3) Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir into the butter mixture until smooth.
4) Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts, and bananas and spread evenly into the prepared pan.
5) Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6) Cool the loaf in the pan for ten minutes before moving it to a wire rack to cool completely, and serve.
Featured Image Courtesy of allrecipes.com