Perspectives%C2%A0is+the+Sacred+Heart+Greenwich+literary+magazine.+

Gabrielle Wheeler '23

Perspectives is the Sacred Heart Greenwich literary magazine.

Lianna Amoruso ’21

Senior Lianna Amoruso is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of Perspectives, Sacred Heart Greenwich’s literary magazine.  Lianna joined the Perspectives staff during her freshman year of high school as she wanted to be part of a group that encouraged Sacred Heart students to write, as well as to create art.  Last year, Lianna was the layout editor for Perspectives, and this year she furthered her involvement as Co-Editor-in-Chief.

Lianna Amoruso ’21 is the Co-Editor-in-Chief of Perspectives.  Courtesy of Lianna Amoruso ’21

As Co-Editor-in-Chief, Lianna runs weekly meetings and oversees the writing, art and photography, and layout teams.  Lianna also helps organize the annual Writers Festival alongside other members of the Perspectives team.  The festival, planned with Greenwich Academy and the Brunswick School, serves as a learning experience for students to improve their writing with the help of professionals.

“The Writers Festival is a valuable opportunity within our community because it allows us to work with Greenwich Academy and Brunswick to showcase writing and literature in our area,” Lianna said.  “In terms of our community, it provides SHG students with the ability to explore their love of writing with professionals as well as share that love of literature with their peers.” 

Lianna feels that Perspectives has an important role in the Sacred Heart community as it illuminates and shares student voices.

“I think the role of Perspectives in the school community is to encourage students to utilize the arts to communicate their thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and also to provide an outlet for students that they might not have otherwise,” Lianna said.  “In this way, Perspectives brings the community together because everyone’s unique viewpoint on the world is heard, seen, and valued.  I think the magazine necessarily facilitates the arts in the digital age because it demonstrates how much of an impact words, brushstrokes, and camera-flashes can make on society.  I truly believe Perspectives can help teach students at SHG how to find their voice and use it to make a difference.” 

Featured Image by Gabrielle Wheeler ’23

Comments (0)

All King Street Chronicle Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *