“Humans of the Sacred Heart” – Olivia Caponiti ’23

As student body president, what are you most looking forward to this year?

“I am most looking forward to running morning meetings every morning.  Since I was an eighth grader, I have dreamed of being up on the podium and running the fun games.  I also look forward to making a difference in students’ daily lives.  Having a fun start to the day is important for the student body because morning meetings unite all four grades while creating a fun environment.”

What inspired this school year’s theme, Better Together?

“When thinking of a theme during the summer, I wanted to focus on the community at Sacred Heart because it is such an essential aspect of my life.  The people and atmosphere here have shaped me into who I am today.  I knew I wanted to cultivate a greater sense of community in student life as it is our first year fully back to normal post-COVID-19.  After the pandemic, I think it is crucial that we all go back to working together, pushing each other, and growing as individuals and a community.”

What have you enjoyed the most about your new role in the Upper School?

“I enjoyed meeting so many new people and getting to know all the grades in the Upper School.  I also loved familiarizing myself with Mr. Baber, the new faculty, the Board of Trustees, and Sacred Heart alumnae.  I was able to network and fully immerse myself in the community during my final year here.”

The King Street Chronicle thanks senior Olivia Caponiti ’23 for her contributions to “Humans of Sacred Heart.”