Cookie stocks skyrocket during the 2018 Cookie Exchange 

The opening bell of the annual Sacred Heart Greenwich Cookie Exchange rang December 10, marking the beginning of the two-day event during which Upper School students exchange baked goods and desserts. 

The cookie stocks for this year’s Cookie Exchange were in high demand as the senior class enjoyed their baked treats.  Christine Guido ’20

The senior and junior trading market commenced December 10, and the sophomore and freshman market transacted December 11.  During both of these trading sessions, students exchanged goods ranging from traditional homemade gingerbread cookies to meringues.  
The cookie market is divided into three sectors: store-bought, bakery, and homemade.  
This year, raspberry bars were the most dominant treat of the homemade sector.  Both the store-bought and bakery sector crashed because of the enthusiasm for homemade goods.  
On the NASDAQ board, the cookie stock Saint Madeleine Sophie and Philippine 500 (S&P 500) reflects the emerging market movement.  On the floor of the exchange, double chocolate chip cookies were the best performers on the S&P 500.

Students exchanged a wide range of baked goods at the Sacred Heart Cookie Exchange. Christine Guido ’20

Analysts reported that the junior class’s initial public offering (IPO) exchanged the most homemade treats.  The class’s highest rising cookie shares were from Megan Farrell.  This year, Megan’s shares surpassed the other brokers at the highest exchange rate in Sacred Heart history.  To make sure the raspberry bars are always created to perfection, Megan’s family gives her a special role in approving the bars.
“My role in baking the raspberry bars is one of the most important and fundamental components towards their success,” Megan said.  “This role requires me to tirelessly sit down, get a napkin, possibly risk burning my tongue, and finally taste the raspberry bars.” 
At the December 11 closing bell, cookie traders and dessert stockbrokers began preparing for an even larger profit for next year’s 2019 holiday Cookie Exchange. 

Featured Image by Christine Guido ’20