As leaders of the Theatre Club, Emma Pope’ 21 and Caitlyn Mitchell ’20 hope to encourage students to explore their interests in drama, acting, and playwriting. Sydney Kim ‘20

Theatre Club

The Theatre Club provides a space for students to explore their interests in acting, drama, and playwriting.  Senior Caitlyn Mitchell and junior Emma Pope hope to use the Theatre Club as an outlet to share their passion for theatre within the Sacred Heart Greenwich community.

Caitlyn and Emma have both participated in school plays and musicals throughout their time in the Upper School.  Emma feels that students can gain a lot from participating in theatre.

“Students can benefit from participation in drama and acting by being more confident in their singing abilities and acting skills overall,” Emma said.

The club hopes to put together a piece that they can perform at the Upper School Talent Show in the spring.  Caitlyn and Emma are also eager to expand the influence of the Theatre Club this year. They hope to donate money to a theatre-related charity such as Inner-City Arts or Prison Performing Arts.

“The theatre community is a surprisingly enormous part of the Upper School, so we hope to provide a safe space for our fellow thespians to enjoy and talk amongst a group about their interests,” Emma said.

Featured Image by Leah Allen ’22

Comments (0)

All King Street Chronicle Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *