Mrs. Christina Cauliffe, Athletic Trainer and Grade Ten Health Teacher, shared this Family Brisket recipe.
- One package of beefy onion soup mix
- One package of mushroom onion soup mix
- One cup of brown sugar
- Two cups of ketchup
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Water, to thin out
- Three pounds of brisket, trimmed, no fat
1) Trim the brisket if needed.
2) Mix all of the ingredients together, and pour them on top of the brisket in a tray.
3) Cover and cook in oven at 350°F for one hour.
4) Remove the tray from the oven, and slice the brisket into thin pieces.
5) Put the slices back into the tray with the sauce.
6) Cover and cook for three hours at 350°F.
7) Let the brisket cool, then place it in the refrigerator for at least two days.
8) Cover the tray and reheat it in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes at 350°F. Then, uncover the tray and heat it for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
9) Serve hot with the sauce on the side.
“My mother-in-law gave me this recipe after my husband proposed to me. It was super special because the recipe was never shared, and my mother-in-law was waiting to pass it on to the woman her son would marry,” Mrs. Cauliffe said. “The ingredients are nothing special, but every year my husband really looks forward to these briskets. His anticipation, and the joy he gets from eating them definitely make this recipe a memorable part of Christmas.”
Featured Image Courtesy of Mrs. Christina Cauliffe