“Humans of the Sacred Heart” – Zara Black ’23

What has been your favorite aspect of being Senior Class President?

“My favorite aspect of being Senior Class President has been giving back to the 72 girls that have made my Sacred Heart experience so special.  I have been so lucky to have been elected this past year, and I have loved organizing activities that my classmates will remember after we leave King Street.  One of the most memorable activities I organized had to be our Senior Sunrise, where we opened our year symbolically while celebrating our senior color, orange.  Creating these moments that our class can share means so much to me, and I hope that all the work the Senior Student Council has put into our plans this year has helped make everyone’s year a little more extraordinary.”

What advice would you give to future Class Presidents?

“My advice to future Class Presidents would be to make the smaller moments count throughout the year.  Senior year is special because it celebrates how far each student has come.  Each milestone we have hit throughout high school, and each one we mark down as we approach the end of our high school careers, is worth making special.  Whether marked with a class breakfast, activity, or celebration, these small things will create memories that your class will reflect on.  So, I would say to not only celebrate the big moments but note the small ones along the way, which will help make the entire journey even more special.”

What will you miss most about the Student Council next year?

“I think I will miss the people and environment that can be found throughout the entirety of the Student Council.  I loved being a part of a group of students who share such a passion for planning events that will bring smiles, laughs, and joy to each student at Sacred Heart.  Whether we were discussing spirit week themes, school dances, Homecoming, or Congé, each girl on the Student Council brought a unique perspective and list of ideas that contributed to the collaborative environment.  I am excited to see more students take on these Student Council positions as they play a pivotal role in student and school-wide events.”

The King Street Chronicle thanks senior Zara Black ’23 for her contributions to “Humans of Sacred Heart.”